On 06/25/2017 09:21 AM, dave wrote:

.....warning: gcode exceeds machine limits. I classically set my limits at -.2 ..18, -.2, ..9 and 0 ... -3. Moving to -9 ... 9, -4 ... 4 for x and y and it still gave me the same error message. .... and yes I shutdown linuxcnc and restarted homing on the center of the bed.

I can't POSSIBLY see how temperature could affect soft limits, which is what your message describes. The only way this could happen is computer malfunction or homing to a different spot than was intended for home.