On 06/25/2017 12:32 PM, Jon Elson wrote:
On 06/25/2017 09:21 AM, dave wrote:

.....warning: gcode exceeds machine limits. I classically set my limits at -.2 ..18, -.2, ..9 and 0 ... -3. Moving to -9 ... 9, -4 ... 4 for x and y and it still gave me the same error message. .... and yes I shutdown linuxcnc and restarted homing on the center of the bed.

I can't POSSIBLY see how temperature could affect soft limits, which is what your message describes. The only way this could happen is computer malfunction or homing to a different spot than was intended for home.

Hi Jon,
After getting the new encoder installed and checked out I went looking for a way to monitor cpu
temp.
So far, less than 50% of max... max is defined a 100 C. Temp in the shop today was 93. We'll see what next week brings. Anyway, so far so good. Hard to believe that the goofy encoder could have induced that behavior but....
Time will tell.

dave