Oops.
Here is my website:
http://wallacecompany.com/machine_shop/index.html

The likely mill would be the Shizuoka:
http://www.wallacecompany.com/machine_shop/Shizuoka/

My Zubal might swing it, but it's not CNC yet:
http://www.wallacecompany.com/cnc_lathe/

A lathe is the most stable, a mill is easier to set up. On my equipment I would use a 2" boring head in the mill and stick the tool bit out the side of the head for the best rigidity.

A trick I have used to get a smooth finish with low feed rate is when you set the head for the finish cut is to feed down at 3X feed rate then feed out at lower rate. The courser (in)feed lines seem to break up any chatter that can develop as you feed back out at the lower rate.

Ed.