You should attempt to mechanically trap the sleeve in the bore.

You can leave a shoulder at the bottom of the bore - press the sleeve into
the bore - and then machine the top of the sleeve flush with the block.

or

you can mill/bore a counter bore at the top of the block - turn the sleeve
to leave a shoulder at the top outside of the sleeve - press the sleeve
into the bore and machine the top of the sleeve flush.

You will then have the sleeve trapped between the block and the head.

I would bore the block with boring bar and leave a shoulder at the bottom
of the bore.

just my thoughts
Stuart

On Tue, Aug 1, 2017 at 2:43 PM, Ed <ate...@mwt.net> wrote:

> Oops.
>> Here is my website:
>>
>>> http://wallacecompany.com/machine_shop/index.html
>>>

>> The likely mill would be the Shizuoka:
>>
>>> http://www.wallacecompany.com/machine_shop/Shizuoka/
>>>

>> My Zubal might swing it, but it's not CNC yet:
>>
>>> http://www.wallacecompany.com/cnc_lathe/
>>>

>> A lathe is the most stable, a mill is easier to set up. On my equipment I
> would use a 2" boring head in the mill and stick the tool bit out the side
> of the head for the best rigidity.
>
> A trick I have used to get a smooth finish with low feed rate is when you
> set the head for the finish cut is to feed down at 3X feed rate then feed
> out at lower rate. The courser (in)feed lines seem to break up any chatter
> that can develop as you feed back out at the lower rate.
>
> Ed.

Addressee is the intended audience.
If you are not the addressee then my consent is not given for you to read
this email furthermore it is my wish you would close this without saving or
reading, and cease and desist from saving or opening my private
correspondence.
Thank you for honoring my wish.