On 2 August 2017 at 16:22, Kirk Wallace <kwall...@wallacecompany.com> wrote:

> Honing the hole for the sleeve was part of my plan just because I'm
> comfortable with getting the size spot-on with a hone rather than a boring
> head.

I would expect to get it right with a boring head. And I _have_ got it
right with a HBM. But then, if that can't get a bore to the right
size, what can?

I sleeved and re-bored my Yamaha FJ1100 (to 1380cc) many years ago
using my dad's Kearns S-type. https://goo.gl/photos/CuLwLrTX6CPZFkQN8

--
atp
lunatics."