On 08/02/2017 09:41 AM, Stuart Stevenson wrote:
I also trust boring rather than honing for sizing the block for the sleeve.
Rounder, straighter hole.

I would get some dry ice and alcohol to help install the sleeve.
Submerge the dry ice in alcohol and place the sleeve into the mix. I used
liquid nitrogen the last time I installed a sleeve.
Use gloves to handle the sleeve after it is in the mix.

You will have a little more than 4 seconds to install the sleeve using the
colder dry ice or nitrogen. With the colder temperature I find the longer
install time a comfort as I get rattled trying to install the sleeve very
quickly. Everything just flows smoother.
Be sure to hold the sleeve in position until it expands sufficiently. I let
the sleeve go one time and it slid part way out (I think I pulled the
sleeve as it had frozen to the glove) and then reached the expanded
diameter. I had to bore the sleeve out. Worked ok but not necessary if you
take care the first time.

Heating the block is a good idea also.

Liquid nitrogen at approximately ~ -320F will shrink a two inch diameter
steel shaft almost 0.006in.
Dry Ice is not as cold (~ -120F) but will be a lot better than water ice.

If you want the sleeve to reach the bottom of the block bore you should
turn diameter on the bottom of the sleeve to fit against the shoulder you
leave on the bottom of the bore.