Victim here also.
I saw the memo, thought it was a scam of some type, ignored it and then
later had to resubscribe.
No harm, no foul, better to be cautious than sorry.

On Wed, Aug 30, 2017 at 4:20 PM, Cecil Thomas <wctho...@chartertn.net>
wrote:

> Peter,
> The same thing happened to me and I had to rejoin.
> Apparently some of the list members got messages from Sourceforge asking
> them to confirm their membership and some didn't.  Those who did not
> confirm their membership ( which would be those who never got the memo)
> were dropped from the list.  If you want to catch up on what has been on
> the list since you were dropped you can scan the archives.
>
> (fellow victim)
> Cecil
>

> At 04:50 PM 8/30/2017, you wrote:
>
>> Gentlemen,
>> the email printed below came back for the reason that I wasn't a member
>> of this mailgroup. However, I subscribed as early as 2009! I was forced to
>> join once more, probably with the result that I am considered a newbie now.
>> Peter
>>

>> Gentlemen,
>> since Aug. 2, I have not seen any mails from LinuxCNC (EMC). Is there
>> something wrong with my subscription, or is everybody on vacation? Did you
>> change the mail address? In addition, our village has repeatedly been cut
>> off from communications because of cable failures on the way from town to
>> us here way out.
>>

>> Greetings
>> Peter Blodow

Addressee is the intended audience.
If you are not the addressee then my consent is not given for you to read
this email furthermore it is my wish you would close this without saving or
reading, and cease and desist from saving or opening my private
correspondence.
Thank you for honoring my wish.