On Monday 11 September 2017 12:54:46 Nicklas Karlsson wrote:

> > On Monday 11 September 2017 07:16:00 theman whosoldtheworld wrote:
> > > why not powerlink ie?
> >
> > Wikipedia description shows some promise. SPI speeds over a longer
> > cable, maybe.
>
> No SPI over long cable. For long cable RS422 will work, there is a
> tradeoff between cable length and speed.

Poor wording on my part. I had, once the terminations are sorted, visions
of a 3 to 4 foot cable, defined as a long SPI cable.

Right now, terms are not well characterized on either end and it takes
some loading trickery to make a 6 inch cable work.  Bertho and I spent
some time optimizing it to get 30.5 megabit one way, and 25 megabit
the other direction.  And its now working well to a Mesa 7i90 with a 1"
cable.