On 10/18/2017 12:45 PM, John Dammeyer wrote:
No I didn't.  Nice.  I just used a step/servo on a project last spring.  I was
amazed at how well it worked with a hires encoder connected.  OTOH, it was over
$700 but then raising a mast with equipment on it that cost way more.

BTW, does anyone know if LinuxCNC uses more than one core if it's a dual core
processor?  Or is the Real Time Varient restricted to only one core?

All of realtime runs on a single core. The non-realtime stuff (interpreter, UIs, etc) spreads across all available cores.

--
Sebastian Kuzminsky