On Friday 10 November 2017 22:49:06 Jon Elson wrote:

> On 11/10/2017 09:01 PM, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > but it and a 3 lb coffee can full of 6800 u-f, 75 volt
> > electrolytics took a walk when I left the garage door open
> > on a nice spring day while going after a daily paper to
> > assuage Dee's crossword withdrawal symptoms. In nearly 28
> > years (3 weeks short of it, if Dee makes it till Dec 2nd,
> > we'll have had 28 years hitched to the same wagon. And she
> > might do it, she's feeling a lot better today) at this
> > address and thats the 2nd time anything was stolen. A
> > Hitachi battery powered 3/8" drill left without a trace
> > about a decade back. But while the drill was something
> > that could be used by most anybody, I do not have a
> > neighbor who even knows what a resistor or capacitor IS.
>
> Yes, I can easily believe somebody would take a cordless
> drill, but the resistors and capacitors is really strange!
> Must have been kids!
>
> On the other hand, in OUR midden heap, stuff does go missing
> for a long time, and then suddenly turns up in the CRAZIEST
> of places. And, a few things have never been found, but they
> might still be sitting in some box, somewhere.
>
> Jon

I can relate to that, but in the subsequent decade and maybe some change,
I have stirred the midden heap pretty thoroughly without much luck. The
much more recent resistors and caps were in a drawer, along with some
other electronics detrius, and I needed one of the caps for something
while building the pi and Sheldon up. It was a total surprise to me to
pull that drawer open and find it wasn't stuffed. I normally have to
re-arrange things just to get the drawer to close. They could show up,
but I've stirred that pot quite well in the last 7 or 8 months.

Now, if I could just get the broadcom gpio's headers for the 3399 thats
in the rock64 SOC, I'd see if I can get both an rtai kernel built, and a
recent git pull of lcnc. The kernel isn't that big a problem asw I've
already done that with a 4.11-rtai pull about 6 weeks back.  But the
fellow that helped build the rpspi.ko driver has vanished, and I'm in
over my pay grade trying to excise enough of the "am I running on a pi"
checks to even start rebuilding it to run on the rock64. The rock64
claims to be pi compatible, at the gpio level.

The rock64 kernel however has not been boot tested since it uses a
different bootup from what the pi does. The boot directory is extremely
sparsely populated, with no sign of grub that I can see.  There is
a /boot/efi directory but I've never delt with an efi system till this
one.

Is there a good efi tutorial about these days? Maybe I can learn enough
to be dangerous. :)

Thanks Jon.