On Tuesday 28 November 2017 16:58:35 andy pugh wrote:

> On 28 November 2017 at 21:21, Gene Heskett <ghesk...@shentel.net>
wrote:
> > I bought a kit of something like those early on, as I was just
> > getting started on the Sheldon, and a crimper, supposedly to match.
> > But the crimper while looking quite heavy duty, wouldn't put enough
> > bite on to make them stay on a stranded wire regardless of  how I
> > adjusted its closing cams.
>
> You need the right size of ferrule for the wire, or it won't work.
>
> These are surprisingly good:
> https://www.amazon.com/Beego-Insulated-Connectors-Self-Adjustable-0-25
>-6-0mm²/dp/B074WGXKBL/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1511906265&sr=8-4&keywords
>=ferrule+crimp ($5 less without the ferrules)

That sure looks like the one I have and didn't find it as usefull as I
expected. I am nearly done now, so its getting to be a moot question. I
think all I have left is to rig a level translator to make a 12 volt
enable sig for Jon's pwmservo. Everything else, except A axis, which
isn't wired up yet, passed a function test about an hour ago. So I'm
making progress.

Thanks Andy.