Wow... that's great!

Dave

On 12/24/2017 6:44 AM, Nicklas Karlsson wrote:
I just got SPI started on my Ethercat LAN9252 board. It turned out SPI MISO
where configured twice.

For some reason I think almost all manufacturers choose to configure by pin so
for peripheral input pins it is possible to configure more than one pin and get
a collision. I remember Microchip got this correct: for peripheral inputs a
source could be selected and for pin outputs configuration a peripheral output
could be selected. It is also have the advantage a signal may be used at more
than place.

For some reason most manufacturers have chosen to write headers specifice for
micro controller instead of peripheral specific even though same peripheral
usually is the same on all micro controllers in the family. I remember Texas
instrument got this correct and wrote a pdf-file specific for each peripheral
although I do not remember about header files. I have been thinking about
porting the header filer on perihpheral basis to ADA but never get time.

Nicklas Karlsson