On Tuesday 10 April 2018 17:05:51 Ken Strauss wrote:

> The next standard size smaller than 3.3mm is #30 which is 0.129 rather
> than 0.125.

I meant to say that I had on site. My #30 is already used up in two
different number drill sets.  The 1/8" is working well after I  wrote a
peck routine to keep the hole fairly clean. And I've rigged a 5/16" 8
point socket and a drill with a hammer clutch to run the drawbolt. So
next is to merge the 3 routines and setup the tool table a little
better, so I can do the 3 operations for this stage in one swell foop,
with tool changes separating the operations. It takes me at least 20
secs to select the next operation from the recent menu. My mouse is too
fast and goes off target too easily. So that wastes at least a minute as
opposed to unpausing it after the tool has been changed. Might be a
keyboard short cut that would be faster, something that opens the recent
menu, then lets you select #3 because the next in the sequence is always
#3. But I'm not familiar with 2/3ds of the keyboard stuffs.  Is that in
the docs?

I've a bunch of taps, so I'm making enough to hold all the good ones, for
some definition of good. ;-)

Just over half done, out of 52 brass slugs I cut, 25 to go, but its now
going a lot faster since I rigged up a drill to run the drawbolt. And
managed to get some go2 to hold the tap at an almost fixed TLO in a 3/16
R8. Ack ups I should have some more tooling here tomorrow evening.
Whether its the right stuff is TBD.

Thanks Ken.