Hi all. These ametek motors have undefined encoders on them. One is just an
empty 4 pin. The other has a flat 4 pin ribbon. I'm awaiting my 7i42 . The
flat ribbon is marked with a hot lead. I also have a 5v current limited
supply on order. I'm thinking set voltage low and shuffle ground until I
find the 2 pins that provide an output to my frequency meter , then I will
know which ones are my a and b . Once I get the 7i42 I will then be able to
use Hal to find their count me any words of advice or am I solid on this .
Thanks