On Friday 25 May 2018 02:24:57 jeremy youngs wrote:

> New thread, as I seem to be done getting the 7i90 functional.
> These are capacitive and seem to have good response, universal and
> programmable. And cheap and u.s. stock, 15.3 mm is the largest of them
> I can find, and I don't understand what they say about axial or radial
> mount . I will call them tomorrow .
>
> https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/CUI/AMT103-V?qs=sGAEpiMZZMsWp46O%
>252bq11Wc6D0rLp%252bQH%2fN7GEqDkL%2fc8%3d Any thoughts? Seems like a
> good solution , for a stocking part a fella could even keep a couple
> to gather dust .

Thats about the same price as the Omron, and it uses the motors bearings
and fits the tailshaft, so it mounts much more compactly than the Omron.
But the Omron has its own bearings making it totally selfcontained. But
in close proximity to the motors magnetic field, the index may not work.
And they are out of stock till the 2nd week of June, more delay than
ebay/omron, by a week maybe.

It says stepper magnetics, but I don't see a huge diff between the
magnetic noise of a chopper current regulated stepper, or the magnetic
noise of a pwm driven servo.  There will be an ultrasonic component to
either's magnetic field. Interesting connundrum. If motors came
predrilled, the choice is the CUA, but they don't.

As for deleting portions of the text that are not germane to the reply,
in kmail, use the arrows keys to place the cursor where you want to
start deleting, step on the shift key and using the arrow keys,
highlight whats to go and hit the delete key. Its gone. kmail also has
an undo function in case that wasn't what you intended to do.