On 28 May 2018 at 21:42, John Dammeyer <jo...@autoartisans.com> wrote:

> What are others in North America doing for powering their PCs and Monitors?
> Separate AC outlet/power bar for the PC?

I can't answer for what anyone in the US is doing, but many (most?) PC
PSUs can run on 240V.
If yours can't then switching to a 240V PSU will cost about $30.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Power-Supply-for-DELL-OptiPlex-GX50-GX60-GX150-GX240-GX260-GX270-Mini-Tower-PC/272979240383?hash=item3f8ed4a5bf:g:PlYAAOSwyWZZRsmf

Another alternative is to use a PicoPSU (they live in the actual ATX
power socket) and run the PC from 12V. (Or get a 12V / 24V input
motherboard).

The same is true of monitors, many are auto-swiching or have a
selector on the back.
(Most switchmode PSUs don't care, they will accept AC or DC from 100V to 300V)

--
atp
lunatics."