On 05/28/2018 03:42 PM, John Dammeyer wrote:
What are others in North America doing for powering their PCs and Monitors?
Separate AC outlet/power bar for the PC?

I have very wimpy servo motors on my Bridgeport. So, the whole thing except the spindle VFD runs off 120 V. The computer, monitor, servo supply, power supply for the motion interface all runs off a power strip. The VFD plugs into a separate 240 V outlet.

You could put a small step down transformer in the machine, and run the computer, etc. off 120. Or, you could run everything off 240. I'd put a red 240 V label on all IEC cords that have 240 on them, just to prevent an accident many years down the road when you might plug a 120 ONLY device into one of them.

Probably by then, there WON'T be any computer gear that isn't wide-range capable.

Jon