On Tue, Jul 24, 2018 at 9:39 AM Nicklas Karlsson <
nicklas.karlsso...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 24 Jul 2018 11:14:50 -0500
> Jon Elson <el...@pico-systems.com> wrote:
>
> > On 07/24/2018 07:37 AM, Valerio Bellizzomi wrote:
> > > I use FreeCAD and Blender for the modeling and PyCAM to
> > > convert to gcode all on Debian
> > I'd like to hear more about this.  I tried the VERY latest
> > FreeCAD a couple months ago and it seemed to have some
> > problems.  So, we then went with Inventor (Autodesk).  That
> > works pretty well, ...
>
> And i also expect it's rather expensive, or?

Yes, Inventor is  little bit expensive but it all depends of is this is a
hobby of a business.   CNC Milling machines can be VERY expensive, so
expensive that the cost of software like Inventor in "in the noise".  You
don't need to be big shop before the cost of this software fall to under 1%
of your budget.  I looked up the cost of Inventor.  It is $2,000 per year.

For a low-end users, not making money or not making much money Fusion is
very much like Invetor and can be free

But I imagine there are many unlicensed Inventor users, using bootleg
copies.    There was a time, years ago when Autodesk's "AutoCAD" was the
single most pirated software.   Autodesk got smart and realized that they
because a billion dollar international company not in spite of software
piracy but BECAUSE of it.   The availability of free AutoCAD cause AutoCAD
to become s kind of industry standard.

Chris Albertson
Redondo Beach, California