On 24 July 2018 at 07:31, Marcus Bowman
<marcus.bow...@visible.eclipse.co.uk> wrote:

> For 3D CAD, I use Inventor, but that has no output for CNC, so I will
> probably migrate to Fusion360 next, when I get time to familiarise myself
> with that.

There is CAM for inventor. In fact the very same CAM as Fusion. There
are three levels of it, all the way up to very fancy 5 axis.
https://www.autodesk.com/products/hsm/overview

The free version is OK, but rather bizarrely a little less advanced
than the version in free Fusion. So I quite often design in Inventor
than export the model to Fusion.
(And sometimes I just use Fusion all the way, as that runs native on
my Mac whereas the graphics in the VM on the Mac that runs Inventor
are a little sluggish)
I am not sure I would recommend buying Inventor, though. I get it for
free as a perk of the day job :-) It is better than Fusion, I think,
but not by _that_ much.

--
atp
lunatics."