On 1/28/2019 11:49 AM, Gene Heskett wrote:
On Sunday 27 January 2019 19:27:54 Gene Heskett wrote:

On Sunday 27 January 2019 17:57:03 Jon Elson wrote:
On 01/27/2019 03:28 PM, Gene Heskett wrote:
So do I ground the direction desired, or feed it 10 volts?
Which the vfd also has available although I've not
measured it.
UGH!  Only the manual for the drive will tell you that, IF
you can decipher it!  I just use real, old-fashioned
electromechanical relays and tie the terminal to where they
tell you, just like a switch.
Thats why I was rather partial to the c41, it does use relays...  Or
did, dunno what Arturo has done for the last version. Lookslike it
still does.

Jon

I've spent the early part of the morning excising the g41's from my code
to carve the back panel of at least 2 new interfaces. Surprisingly, the
execution time dropped by nearly half. So this afternoon I'll put it
back together running manually unless I can find enough chips to fix it.
Otherwise I'll be waiting on a 2nd 7i76d so I can go ahead and make the
back panels. Day or so. Theres a vfd capable port on the 7i76, easier to
use on the 6040 than with the pwm-servo on the G0704.

The guy is still dragging his feet on english docs in a pdf format for
this thing though. Docx is damned sure a looser IMNSHO. Even the latest
6.1.4 version of LibreOffice can't render it in a usable format.

I think that Googles word processor can open Docx ok...

https://www.google.com/docs/about/

Dave