On Tuesday 29 January 2019 20:11:47 andy pugh wrote:

> On Wed, 30 Jan 2019 at 01:01, Gene Heskett <ghesk...@shentel.net>
wrote:
> > So I think the
> >
> > word for this is coolant. Slowly pouring right on the tool.
>
> Possibly,  you don't seem to see production shops workignwith anything
> other than massive amounts of flood coolant.
>
> But there might be something to be gained from coated bits.

They are coated.  Darker colored than plain carbide, but not gold
colored,

> And, possibly, a different spindle speed. Are you already as fast as
> the spindle will run?

ATM, yes.  Its run at 24k or stopped.  I can reconfigure it to run at the
pot setting, I think. I've also cranked up the feed rate based on a
bigger chip carries away more heat. Can't testify if that helped or not.

Thanks Andy