Peter;

I got one of the panels cut, stuck a line cord gland and a line cord
feeding a 5 volt and a 12 volt supply for field power, hooked it up. But
I see no hints of the 7i76 in the dmesg or halmeter menu's.

So I poked at it with mesaflash, again w/o finding much. Asking
for --serial, I get:
SSLBP VERSION 1.43
SSLBP CHANNELS 4
SSLBP baud rate 250 kilobaud.

I've put the 5i25_7i76_1px2d.bit file in the 5i25 in the G0704's Dell.
And I do see a #1 pwmgen out of p2.

Shouldn't I be seeing more evidence of the 7i76? I've no clue how to
address it in the .hal files.