Now I've got one for you Peter. I have written that file with the extra
pwmgen on pins 5-6 of p2, twice, and --verified it. But the only place I
can see that 2nd pwmgen is in a mesaflash --device 5i25 --readhmid
output. It is NOT showing anyplace else. ?????????? Anyplace else, and
P2 is all gpio. Jumper on 5i25 set wrong? I gave it a good 30 seconds
dead time before I hit the power button to reboot, which should have
been long enough to reset it.  So whats next?

Thanks Peter

You probably have the PWMgen disabled in your hal file (in the hm2 driver load line)

Peter Wallace
Mesa Electronics