Greetings Peter;

Because I've too many microfarads in the spindle motors analog supply, I
have a charge pump running into a pair of nand gates, with the other
inputs controlled the the machine enable, signal with a 3 second time
delay between enabling the supply thru a 50 orm 200 watt resistor as
soon as the enable button is clicked on, and the second one shorts out
the resistor after 3 seconds. This is controlled by the one shot timing
out, which in turn enables the 2nd and gate to send the pump signal to
the gpio.029 driving the Dir-A pin on the Sainsmart bob.

These two switched signals are being sent to hm2_5i25.0.gpio.028 and 029.
This nominally 500 hz signal is detected in a separate box with the 40
amp ssr's controlled by the charge buckets filling up and turning on the
ssr's.

But while I can see on a dvm the pulse averaging 2.5 volts at what the
Sainsmart board says is step-A for that input pin 8, and  dir-A
for .029, it isn't getting to a brand new Sainsmart bob. halscope says
it is ok at 028, but preliminary checking says 5.07 volts at 029's
output on the other end of the cable. I've got to go fix us some dinner,
and I'll ring the cable, but it was working fine with the old bob that
got blown, so this is a new bob and a new 5i25. So I'm doing some head
scratching.

Any suggestions, other than a new bob again?