On 03/15/2019 02:34 AM, Gene Heskett wrote:
Greetings all;

I've had the coolant tank filled with distilled water for about a month
now, and its turning the hoses faintly reddish, like copper. I don't
want to put a deionizer on it to keep it up in perfect insulation since
a bypass cartridge is a $100+ throwaway.  So what sort of anti corrosion
contaminant do you folks run in you spindle motor coolants?
In my TIG torch, I got some stuff from the welding supply, that is supposed to be a pump lube and antifreeze. I suspect it might be a propylene glycol formula, but don't know. Maybe plain auto coolant would also be fine.

Jon