When I had a coolant tank, for a different purpose, I put automatic "anti
freeze in the water.   It is make just for this purpose and is
non-corrosive with materials used in car engines.

Also, if the water recirculates it will eventually warm up.  I put a 12
volt fan on the tank lid and made it into an evaporative cooler.    Then
you top off the tank with new water now and then.  If the water is taking
even 25 watts of heat from the system it will heat up quite a lot unless
you rig some kind of cooling.

On Fri, Mar 15, 2019 at 12:36 AM Gene Heskett <ghesk...@shentel.net> wrote:

> Greetings all;
>
> I've had the coolant tank filled with distilled water for about a month
> now, and its turning the hoses faintly reddish, like copper. I don't
> want to put a deionizer on it to keep it up in perfect insulation since
> a bypass cartridge is a $100+ throwaway.  So what sort of anti corrosion
> contaminant do you folks run in you spindle motor coolants? Something I
> can get at NAPA or similar places?  Or do you just change it monthly? I
> though about that last night when I was at Wallies and spotted what was
> said to be distilled water "but with added minerals for taste" In other
> words, tap water at $1/gallon.  False advertising if there ever was such
> a thing. Lesson, read the labels folks.
>
> Cheers, Gene Heskett
> --
> -Ed Howdershelt (Author)