Yes,  I've used aquarium pumps.  the submersible pumps are good because
they eliminate a problem if there is a leak. All of them are magnetic drive
and water lubricated.  The best pumps, I think are made by Eheim.  Eheim is
a German company and you might expect one of their pumps to run continosly
24x7 for 10 years or more.  These pumps are nearly selent.  It is hard to
know it is is running unless you check the flow rate.  "There "universal"
is the one to get.  They come in sizes to 3,400 liters per hour but you
need the smallest size.  They have US pipe threads and can be disassembled
by hand with no tools for cleaning.   They sell replacment parts.

Quality is about what you would expect from a preiumum brand German made
pump.  I am pretty surethey are all made in Germany, all of mine are.

https://www.eheim.com/en_GB/products/technology/pumps/universal

--

Chris Albertson
Redondo Beach, California