On Sunday 21 April 2019 13:01:18 John Dammeyer wrote:

> HI Gene,
>
> > > BTW https://www.machinist-toolbox.com/ came included as part of my
> > > AlibreCAM license.  A google on FSWizad yields this:
> > > https://fswizard.com/
> > >

> > > John
> >
> > And I note, pricing to match, yet I doubt bobcad is paying the bills
> > with that product.  I guess thats why I keep a whole zoo full of
> > ti30x and ti36x calculators around. Then all I have to do is find
> > the formula. lol. I've been tempted to get one of ti's modern
> > programmables, but the calculators supplied with linux can do all
> > that, except the programming bit.  Or maybe I haven't looked hard
> > enough. TANSTAAFL.
>
> Most of it I don't use.  But I tried the FSWizard and it doesn't
> appear to allow tweaking with different SFM to determine ipm of the
> axis.  There must be a free something out there.
>
> John

Yeah, I've a nearly 40 yo ti-52, I even rebuilt it to use nmh batteries
after the early nicads died in a year or so, but the charger connection
is so iffy I gave up on the thing 30 years ago.  I see hp has one for
around a 50 dollar bill that does both rpn and std algebraic, but the
adv's never tell you how much nv program ram they have. TI's graphing
models seem interesting, but its the same problem, nobody wants to put
enough program memory in them so this stuff can be "canned" for future
conversational use.  So I've not had the urge to stick the end of the
card in the slot. And frankly, if I used such in the shop, and it got
drowned in coolant, at its price I'd be upset.

I wonder if Big John T has some of his pythonic skills up his sleeve?

I sorta got some pix of the mess that 6040 is in Friday, now I need to
bring the camera back in and pull them out & run them thru Wilbers
toolbox for about a 90% shrink.  This camera, a Nikon L100, needs a new
data socket, I can only get pix out of it by placeing it face down on
the lens, so the weight of the cable makes a usable connection.  So if
you hear some background muttering, you'll know why.