Hi Jon,

> .094 tool at 2000 RPM is 50 SFPM, really slow for aluminum.
> 600 SFPM is recommended.
> chip load for HSS end mills should be .010 * end mill
> diameter, so .010 * .094 = about .001".
> At these settings, feed rate should be 4 IPM.

The Machinist toolbox with 600SFPM, carbide, 4 flute, 0.094 diameter, chip load
0.001 comes out to 24,000 RPM and 97 ipm.

<SNIP>

> Using a 1/8" carbide end mill at about 3000 RPM (limit of my
> mill), I would plow full-width cuts at a depth of .062"
> (half diameter) at about 4 IPM, then cut the sides at 10-15
> IPM with a side step over of about 0.25 - .050, and a final
> dimension pass taking off .010 on the side at 8 - 12 IPM.
> This is with a 4-flute cutter.  As long as you keep the
> cutter moving right along, you won't have a problem with
> gumming up the cutter.

> Jon

The trick is to not get it hot enough to melt I guess.  Watched a video the
other day where, to make the video better he cut back the flood coolant a bit
to better see what it was cutting and had an instant clog up of the mill.