> > Now just to change the 5 Volt PWM into 0V to 10V analogue.
> >
> Thats a mesa spinx1.
> >

> Cheers, Gene Heskett
> --

That's more than $100Cdn with exchange rate and shipping compared to a few
dollars and some protoboard.  But, in case you missed some of my other postings
under this subject line.  The goal is to create a workable document for someone
who has(had) a functioning WIN-XP/MACH3 system that no longer works and help
them migrate with minimal cost to LinuxCNC.  No new BoB.  If they were using a
VFD with PWM to 0-10V (a checkbox in MACH3) with a parallel port then they have
the hardware.

I already have my mill running with a single parallel port but the single phase
motor is still controlled with a switch because I'm too lazy to temporarily
wire in a relay.  What I do have for my mill is a sweet Bergerda 1.8kW AC Servo
that works very nicely with step/dir signals and has a 2500 line encoder
(10,000 pulses per rev) which means it needs more than the parallel port can
deliver.  So that means a Smooth Stepper and MACH3 or the MESA 7i92H which is
the cheaper option and plugs directly into my existing BoB.  (part of the
criteria).

As long as LinuxCNC can create the correct step/dir pulses then open loop
tapping should be possible.  But even if not, the Bergerda drive can output
it's encoder pulses scaled by a numuerator/denominator set of parameters so
that can be fed back to through the 7i92H.

I have started on the conversion document.  But it will be a while yet.  Have
to make a mount for the new motor and cast and machine a pulley to give me 1:1.
 Then I'll have 0 to 3000 RPM on the spindle.

John