> > > And I can also program in a numerator/denominator pair on the
> > > encoder outputs.  So I can make the motor encoder appear like one
> > > that has 200 pulses per rev.   Aside from the poor manual I'm really
> > > liking the Bergerda AC Servos.  I may be ordering some more in the
> > > near future.
>
> Found the site, chinky of course, Model #?

The small motor to replace the Automation Technologies Inc 1.27Nm Brushed DC
Servo is a 60SM-M0130NAL controlled with the SDD04-NK7D.  The big motor for the
spindle is a 110SM-M0630ZAL and rated at 1.8kW or just over 2HP replacing a
huge 2HP single phase motor.

The support from their factory rep in China has been spectacular.
English/Chinese is definitely an issue and has led to some confusion but it's
nice dealing with the actual factory and the design engineers.
I'm not totally happy yet with their ModBus RS422 interface.  Once the motors
are enabled there is a significant amount of electrical noise coupled onto the
communications lines.  For an extra charge they will opto-isolate that
interface.  I'm investigating that avenue but haven't made a decision yet.

But all in all I'm finding I'd buy from them again.  And in fact perfectly
willing to arrange a bulk purchase to save shipping costs but I guess right now
for Americans, even talking to China right now is like talking to the devil?

Not a problem in Canada so far.  I suppose if I value added something to the
motor/driver combination to make it "Canadian" then the same duties into the
USA might not apply?

John