On Thursday 29 August 2019 13:31:33 Peter C. Wallace wrote:

> > Yes, you can see page 2 of the 5I25 manual:
> >
> > W1 (P2 POWER ) W2 (P3 POWER)
> > UP             UP                   BREAKOUT POWER ENABLED
> > DOWN           DOWN                 BREAKOUT POWER DISABLED
> > (DEFAULT)
>
> Note that you also need to set the 7I76/7I76D in the correct mode:
>
> W2 left = gets 5V power from 5I25
>
> W2 right = needs external 5V power
>
> Non-mesa cards can never use the FPGA supplied 5V option so W1 should
> be down
>
> The 7I76s 5V should come from the 5I25 = 5I25 W2 UP   7I76 W2 LEFT

Got that all scribbled on the manuals front pages, plus disconnecting my
5 volts from TB3-21&22 so it doesn't feed back into the computer.

Field power should remain the same unless that can confuze things.  Thats
a separate 15 volt supply, not switched, although it could be plugged
into the power strip that controls all the motor power. Should I? I
think the boxes line cord will reach.  Maybe, its a scrap.  No bets. :)

I think that covers it but dbl-check me.

I'd also point out to Peter that the scale of the drawings in the 7i76
manual needs to be expanded. The only text on page 52 thats readable is
the Mesa, all the other lines are so thin they're lost in a 1200x1200
printout.  It all looks like its scaled for a readers digest sized page,
and gets lost on an 8.5x11 page. I can scale it up, but forgot to this
time.

 - Louis D. Brandeis