Hi Peter;

My 6040 gantry mill has I think, a 2x7i76 firmware in its 5i25, with a
7i76D on the 5i25's p3, and an ATM a std Sainsmart bob connected to p2.
The current config string for the 5i25 has 4 stepgens, no encoders, and
no pwmgen. An readhmid shows identical setups for both p3 and p2.

Trying to figure out how to get a single signal out of the 5i25 to pulse
the power to one of these teeny peristaltic pumps in the form of a
pwmgen to pulse it, at variable pulse widths and there by control its
delivery.

Can I enable a pwmgen in the 5i25 config, getting its output from the bob
on p2, in which case what terminal on the bob will be the pulse output?

There is not a load on the bob attached to p2 at the present time, and a
grep of the .hal file only returns the addf's for gpio.read and
gpio.write. No gpio in actual use (yet...)

Enabling one pwmgen shows it on 5 and 6 of p3 in the dmesg list.  Is that
the stepgen-4 on the 7i76? In which case that could work.

It turns out I have to enable pwmgens=2 in order to get to the p2
connector at
[1501700.940971] hm2/hm2_5i25.0:     IO Pin 025 (P2-05): PWMGen #1, pin
Out1 (Dir or Down) (Output)
[1501700.940980] hm2/hm2_5i25.0:     IO Pin 026 (P2-06): PWMGen #1, pin
Out0 (PWM or Up) (Output)

What should I do?

Thanks.
 - Louis D. Brandeis