Checked once and concluded in general Laptops is a little bit more expensive
and have a little bit less perfomance in some combination. Internal expansion
ports are also limited.

This should come as no suprise unless ordinary computer is similar in size. In
general a smaller diameter 2.5 inch should be expected to have less storage
capacity than a 3.5 inch, there is also a need to limit power use.

Think 3D graphics card may detoriate real time perfomance, large burst transfer
of memory block databus?