Hi Phil,

I changed the kernel options in the grub,  now it can find everything, debian wise.

I ran the stepperconfiguration real quick,  and that one actually saves a configuration, without that python error.

So I got that far/

I have both a lathe and a mill, one on one parallel port and one on another parallel port.  Now I am trying to figure out which one is where.

Trying to see if I can test it and  "jog" some

Ron