I bought four 16 gig ADATA USB 3 flash drives on a really good sale from
Newegg. Well, their write speeds were horrible, slower than most USB 2.0 flash
drives. One by one they all failed. Fortunately ADATA has an unlimited lifetime
replacement policy on their flash drives and RAM products. The replacements
have much faster speed, haven't failed yet, and the next to last one they
replaced with a 32 gig. The 4th one took longer to die, got replaced with
another 16 gig. Must have been sold out of 16 gig when they sent me the 32 gig.

    On Thursday, January 9, 2020, 6:42:24 PM MST, Jon Elson
<el...@pico-systems.com> wrote:

 On 01/09/2020 11:24 AM, Gene Heskett wrote:
> Greetings all;
>
> Back in the middle of May 2019, I ordered, from newegg.com, three 240GB
> SSD's and 3 rosewill usb-3.1 to sata adapter cables so I could use them
> as std drives on my pi's.
>
> All of the rosewell adapters have now died. Called newegg, got run
> around, hit tigerdirect and had 4 startech's at about 5 bucks more
> ordered in less that 5 minutes.  We'll see how they work.
>
> So right now newegg and rosewill are bad kharma to me.

NewEgg sells a VAST array of computer products.  They really
can't be responsible for
what comes out of China, or test things for a year to make
sure they are reliable.
Yes, the CRAP coming out of China is deplorable, and thanks
for the heads up on this
product.  I'd definitely avoid rosewill, but I can't blame
NewEgg for carrying most of
what is manufactured.