A sin and cos are 90 degrees apart.  All you should need to do is threshold
the signal and you have A/B quadrature.    Many ways to threshold it but
you want the one with least noise.

A simple way to convert a sin wave to a square wave is to amplify then clip
it with diodes.   A comparator can also convert the signal.

The point to remember is that sin/cos is quadrature and all that is needed
is some signal conditioning.

On Tue, Feb 11, 2020 at 10:46 PM andrew beck <andrewbeck0...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi guys
>
> wondering if anyone has any ideas here.
>
> I have a heidanhain spindle motor that runs up to 10000 rpm and has a 5v
> sin cos encoder on it.  I am currently controlling the motor with a
> schiender vfd.  I am talking to the support engineers here in New Zealand
> about buying a encoder card so I can get better low down torque.  If I run
> the card in full encoder closed loop control in the vfd I can get 200
> percent of the torque right down to 0 rpm for 30 seconds or so which is
> pretty useful.  I am currently just running the drive in Variable frequency
> control which rapidly looses torque at low rpm.
>
> Anyway they have a bunch of cards I can use but don't have a encoder card
> that is suitable for sin cos encoders.  I have no trouble changing the
> encoder but am not sure if I can get a source of encoders that spin up to
> 10k rpm.
>
> Anyone have any suggestions?
>
> regards
>
> Andrew