On Monday 17 February 2020 23:59:47 Jon Elson wrote:

> On 02/17/2020 03:20 PM, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > How far apart are they to be to output a good quadrature signal?
> >
> > Mounting them with JBKwik weld seems to be a lot less forgiving
> > because its not possible to move them a few thou to fine tune like
> > it was when using relatively flexible goop.
>
> Well, one sensor should be centered right on a tooth, and
> the other should be 1/4 of the way off
> a tooth.  The best way to check the phase alignment is to
> put a 2-channel scope on it and spin the
> spindle.  If you don't like it, then adjust and try again.
> That's how I did it.  First, I was dumb and
> put one sensor on the tooth and one on the valley.  After
> MANY minutes of confusion, I realized that
> was NOT what quadrature meant!
>
> Jon

I got bit by that too, which is why the slots in my bracket are wider
than the ats-667's, but I've been busy since about 5 getting a pi4b
kernel put up on my web page wth a eal simple installer.  And the missus
wants lasagna for dinner, so the next 45 minutes is baby sitting the
oven.

 - Louis D. Brandeis