Hi Jon,

Thinking about it, you're mostly right. I didn't think it through. My suggested spacing assumes the teeth are square, which of course they are not. The actual spacing is going to depend on the sensing range of the sensors and width of the tips of the teeth. 1/4 tooth spacing is likely a good starting point. You aren't going to get anywhere near perfect 90 degree quadrature but there isn't much you can do about it.

Les