On Monday 24 February 2020 10:24:57 dave engvall wrote:

> It is unusual for epoxy not to stick. Pocket eh? Take a Q-tip with
> either lye or muriatic acid and etch. Then wash with water, then
> degrease with iso-propanol, trichoroethylene, perchlor (dry cleaning
> solvent),  etc. This assumes the pocket is aluminum which is
> amphoteric. ... reactive with either acid or base.  If it is steel
> then think I'd polish with a dremel. At room temp JB-weld will cure
> out well in 24 hrs. Every 10 C down halves the reaction rate. If you
> can position quickly the 5 min Devcon or equivalent (clear) should

Thats my problem, it will take time to apply the jbweld, then get it
mounted and some 0-80 screws adjusted to get good quadrature.  I've
shaved the end of the pocket down to a fast 1/16 thick, and was fighting
to get a 1 or 1.5mm er16 collect to hold the drill to bore the pilot
holes for the tap, dropped the drill, saw it roll into one of the bed
slots, and it just vanished, can't be found. So I've got to find another
drill of a similar size, and see if I can get it to run true in a collet
that small.  I have no chucks that will hold a drill that small.

So, based on a msg from TomP I found the rt-kernel in the tgz had a bogus
as a $3 bill sha512sum. So I've been most of the day fixing that, so be
sure and get the new kernel-rt.tgz from my site again. And re-read the
README for the ugly news at the bottom.

 - Louis D. Brandeis