piece jump suit with balloons attached.

I'm not too sure of the certification status of the RPi for industrial
use. Where as there is a variant of the BBB that is.

On 17/3/20 5:44 pm, Rafael Skodlar wrote:
Hi Peter,

On 2020-03-15 20:19, Peter C. Wallace wrote:
On Sun, 15 Mar 2020, Rafael Skodlar wrote:

"... The outputs are push pull CMOS  that will drive to the output
supply rail of 3.3V. This is sufficient for TTL compatibility but
may cause problems with some types of loads.  For  example  when
driving an  LED  that  has  its anode  connected  to  5V,  in  such
devices  as
 OPTO  isolators  and  I/O  module  rack  SSRs,    the  3.3V high
level  may  not completely  turn  the  LED  off"

You left off a bit of the manual text:

"To  avoid  this  problem, either  drive  loads  that  are ground
referred, Use 3.3V as the VCC for VCC referred loads, or use open
drain mode."

Peter Wallace
Mesa Electronics

I did see that but did not want to repeat too much here. It would be
nice to have a block diagram though. I prefer diagrams over long
descriptions. If nothing else, it's easier for international users to
see how to connect that board to PC, SBCs, or RPi, etc. than reading a
description in another language.

What I'm concerned about is that noise on power and some other lines
can be bigger than 3.3V which can result in totally unexpected side
effects.

Scratch your head on a dry hot day and you can generate more than 3V
of static electricity that can kill LVD chip if you touch it.

I would rather see a board that's designed for 5V and above. 6, 9, 12V
IO for driving relays, motor drivers, or other things. That would be
more robust than adding yet another board just to convert voltages
especially if IO pinouts are not standard.

Thanks for responding,