> Index-enable enable is true when index-enable is false? Who designed this?
> Politicians?

The index-enable pin is IO so It's set to TRUE when the homing sequence
requires it. You can also set it to TRUE via HAL (I'm doing the latter with
my homing sequence because I'm using servos in step+dir mode without
encoder feedback)

Once is true, it stays in that value until the encoder triggers the
physical index pulse. I'm passing it through an edge component because I'm
using the index as a "second" home switch once the latch state of the
homing sequence starts.