On 05/07/2020 12:23 PM, Dan Henderson wrote:
Is there a simple test code I can run to confirm ridged tapping is working
or even the feed rate is synchronized to the encoder feedback? Without,
spindle-at-speed enabled I’ve no way to visually confirm this.

Just try these lines and see what it does, with the Z clear to move down to Z-1 without hitting anything :
M03 S500
G01 F10 Z0.5
G33.1 Z-0.55 K0.025

If it stalls with the spindle running, it never saw the spindle encoder trip the index-enable to off. If it moves down in Z, then reverses the spindle and pulls back in Z, then it is all working.
That will give a 40 TPI thread (assuming inch units).

Jon