From: Gene Heskett <ghesk...@shentel.net>
Sent: May 7, 2020 1:15 PM
To: emc-users@lists.sourceforge.net <emc-users@lists.sourceforge.net>
Subject: Re: [Emc-users] Sourced from: Re: Fluctuating RPM using CUI ATM 10
encoder

On Thursday 07 May 2020 12:27:39 James Isaac wrote:

> Hello Gene.
>
> A while back, you said:
> > In rare cases you may have to survey the running
> > system with "rockhopper", (google for it, pain in the butt to use
> > but its also very very good at what it does, which is to graphicly
> > trace every active signal in a system.)
>
> From your description of the target,
> I realized my pair of [Logic Probe plus Logic Pulser] instruments
> would not be enough, when I hit that type of mess.
>
> My fourth google to find out the capabilities of the rockhopper was >
> "Electronic test instrument" "rockhopper". The fifth google was >
> "Electronic test unit" "rockhopper".
> This was the fifth equivalent to a Null result in a row.
>
> What did I miss in trying for the electrical test unit?
>

> James Isaac.

Huh? Just search for rockhopper and skip the penguin results.  Damn, that
has exploded into 5 million hits since the last time I did that,
but "rockhopper for linuxcnc" gets that page as the first hit in our own
wiki at:

 <http://wiki.linuxcnc.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?Rockhopper_Web_Server>

The are download from git, and install instructs at the bottom of that
same page.  Bookmark it recommended.

Stay well James.

 - Louis D. Brandeis