On Monday 18 May 2020 07:01:07 Andy Pugh wrote:

> > On 18 May 2020, at 10:38, Gene Heskett <ghesk...@shentel.net> wrote:
> >
> >  Has anyone else's experience been
> > any better?
>
> No.
>
> I imagine that the original design from the original maker was
> probably prettty good, but they have been cost-reduced to heck with a
> concomitant reduction in quality.
>
> The “BS” stands for Brown and Sharpe. If you could find an old one
> so-branded then you might have better luck.

I was afraid of that too Andy. Exactly none of those on fleabay...

 So, I'll muddle along as time, back and giddy-up allows.  Motors on the
way but the rest of this only exists in my head so far. I found an ultra
compact nema23 motor mount, from Germany but they can't ship to the US
because of covid-19 & refunded my card.  No clue why that should matter
unless we've blocked freight too. But that hasn't bothered China.  Need
a knee mill, preferably H&V switchable but I haven't tripped over one in
my price range yet.  That, and concerns over my 8" thick but
non-reinforced garage floor when contemplating a 10,000 lb machine.
Probably not going to happen on whats left of my watch. I'd like to bolt
down both ends of the motor so we'll see how long it is when it arrives,
it may be longer than this counterfeit BS-1 is wide. Brackets get flimsy
then.

Thanks Andy, Stay well and safe.

 - Louis D. Brandeis