On Tuesday 19 May 2020 16:15:31 Dan Henderson wrote:

> Update for everyone. I now have two working relays controlling the
> operation of the spindle motor via BOB and Parallel Port. I've also
> now successfully tested the G33.1 Rigid Tapping cycle with this setup.
>
> Relay #1 is used to power on/off the motor controller board (MC2100).
> (M5 or S0 triggers off, M3 or M4 triggers on)
> Relay #2 is used to reverse the polarity of the spindle motor
> providing CCW operation. (M4 Triggers on, M3 or M5 triggers off)
>
> In order to get these functioning properly, I had to implement two
> different "timerdelay" functions in HAL.
> One delay is needed to allow the MC2100 board to power on and
> initialize before PWM signals are sent.
>
> The second delay is needed to slow down the reverse polarity relay in
> order to ensure the motor controller is properly powered off before
> allowing the relay to flip back to normal polarity. Otherwise the
> spindle would flip rotation to cw once triggered.

Glad you have it sorted. :)

> HAL may not be the easiest to understand, but it can do some amazing
> work if you figure it out!

I have only found one other language more versatile than hal, arexx on
the amiga, but it had hooks into the deepest workings of amigados that
hal will never have. It is IMNSHO, the best language that linux itself
will tolerate in the same building, very very little it cannot do.

> Thanks for all the help on this thread!
>
> Dan

 - Louis D. Brandeis