In my experience, the plastic build sheets that ship with most of the
low cost printers are OK for several PLA prints but the surface degrades
quickly.  The adhesive backing fails and the plastic peels off the build
plate when trying to print ABS on a 110C bed, and that's a great
opportunity to install a sheet of borosilicate glass over the tacky
adhesive.

As I previously mentioned, a jumbo sized Elmer's glue stick can cover
the entire bed in less than a minute.  You only need glue where you're
printing.  You do not want a thick gloppy mess of glue.  You want the
thinnest uniform layer possible.  It should look cloudy on the glass.
Apply glue stick to the room temperature glass plate.  After printing,
ABS parts cool, contract, and pop off the plate.  PLA parts come loose
after a few minutes soaking in water, which you use to clean the glass
plate between parts.  The glue is easily removed from the build plate
and from the part with water.  No messy hair spray buildup.

If you've struggled removing a previous print, you may have knocked the
bed out of level.  Problems removing a part lead to problems with the