hey andy

my motor feedback type is a fanuc incremental encoder.  i think it is a sin
cos.  I did go throught it and checked that it was not a serial encoder a
couple of months ago but I wil try dig the info out later  I think it is
2048ppr

I think they are able to be read without any converters but will check
later.  in any case though if needed I can get rid of them and use a
standard incremental encoder if things get desperate.

next question and a answer to your questions..  what does a rectifier
actually look like?  and how important are the specifations on them.  eg
will a rectifier work with a wide range of voltages and currents or is it
something that is a bid touchy.  I have never used them before...  I think
they are just a square block with 4 pins coming out of it.  but are not sure

regards

Andrew