So what next, your milling machine gets to decide the cutting rate and how
fast the spindle turns?

Curra does in fact know exactly how the printer moves because you told it
the maximum acceleration and even that you are using "Merlin" firmware.
Cura is controlling the speeds of all four axis and even the fan speeds and
both heaters.  Cura can assume the printer follows the g-code.

That controller car in the printer is very impressive compared to Linux
CNC.  It is doing software stepper pulse generation at over 6,000 steps per
second on four motors while also reading g-code and PID loops on the bed
and nozzle temperature and running the user interface control   All that
runs on an 8-bit processor with a 16 MHz clock speed.

Chris Albertson
Redondo Beach, California