On Thursday 18 June 2020 17:24:56 N wrote:

> If remember correctly something about involute gear used in a gear
> pump, you need the equation for the geometry?
Not at the moment Nick.  I think I solved that problem with a teeny peristaltic
pump and a couple of timers rigged to be variable excitation for a mister.

Now I'm in the plotting stage of motorizing a BS-1 clone. Mounting a motor on
the rear with a belt drive to the center of the tilt axis, then a gear from
there to the worm.  And I don't even have the idler shaft for the middle of the
tilt axis made yet, nor have I drilled and tapped that hole in the side of it
yet.  Waiting on more ats-667's, which I got today.

But with the woof in the shop, I need to organize getting her 401-k
disbursement going to pay the shop bill till whenever...  End stage COPD. And
I'm running on a 31% pump so I'm not as fast as you younger whippersnappers.
Darn it.
.
> > Greeting all;
> >
> > 3d Printer is working and actually making solid parts, now I need to
> > make a couple gears. with enough muscle to drive this BS-1 clone.
> >
> > There's a parametric gear thing I have but its a sample of many gear
> > styles and I don't know how to cut it apart and use just the
> > external spur piece of it. I need something that openscad can
> > handle.  But there must be 1000 or more. Most proprietary so are
> > non-starters.
> >
> > Thanks all.
> >
> > Cheers, Gene Heskett
> > --
> > -Ed Howdershelt (Author)
> > If we desire respect for the law, we must first make the law
> > respectable. - Louis D. Brandeis

 - Louis D. Brandeis